The MTS exam is the national level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, which is a part of the Indian government that employs people. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) announced the hiring of multi-tasking staff on March 22, 2022. Along with the official notice, the commission has also given out the date of the SSC MTS 2022 exam on its official website. Every year, the SSC MTS exam is conducted to find qualified individuals to work as multitasking staff in different offices, ministries, and departments of the central government.
Candidates who want to do well on the upcoming Multitasking exam should be updated with the latest SSC MTS Syllabus. To prepare for the SSC MTS exam, you must have a deep understanding of the curriculum. The Multitasking Staff employment process consists of three stages.
- Tier 1: The first level is a computer-based examination.
- Tier 2: The next level is a descriptive paper.
- Tier 3: The third level is the Physical Efficiency Test (only for Havaldar post)
Syllabus for SSC MTS
For SSC MTS, there are two sections: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is of the Objective type, which is further divided into four sections: Numerical Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness, and English Language. Paper 2 is of the Descriptive type, where candidates are expected to write an essay, a letter, and a snippet. If the candidates have a good understanding of the SSC MTS 2022 Syllabus, they may plan their studies and ensure that they cover all the material thoroughly. In addition to this, BYJU’s Exam Prep offers a topic-wise analysis of the questions covered in the SSC MTS syllabus.
SSC MTS Syllabus Paper 1
Paper 1 consists of four sections which are as follows:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Word/Number Series, Missing Number, Blood Relation, Relationship Concepts, Problem Solving, Analysis, Decision Making, Observation, Non-Verbal Series, Visual Memory, Judgment, Figure Classification, Analogy, etc.
- General Awareness: Books and National Awards, Polity, Indian Constitution, History, Current Affairs, Geography, Awards and Honors, Economy, Current Affairs, Award-Winning Books, etc.
- English Language: Reading Comprehension, Synonyms and Antonyms, Grammar, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Structure, Idioms and Phrases, English writing ability, Vocabulary, sentence correction, and so on.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Arithmetical Number Series, Ratio and Proportion, Average, Profit and Loss, HCF/LCM, Percentage, Relationship between Numbers, Simple and Compound Interest, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Number Systems, Time and Work, Arithmetical Operations, etc.
Syllabus for SSC MTS Paper 2
Paper 2 is set in descriptive mode. Candidates are asked to write descriptively in the form of a short essay, letter writing, and Precis writing format.
- Short essay: Candidates are expected to submit an essay that is both concise and to the point. There should be a logical progression of ideas throughout the essay.
- Letter Writing: An official letter will be required to be written with the proper structure and details.
- Precis writing: Precis writing is the skill of summarising a passage into the minimum possible words while still conveying all of the passage’s most salient points.
Strategies for preparing for the SSC MTS 2022 Syllabus
Here are a few useful strategies for preparing for and studying the SSC MTS syllabus, which can help you achieve a very high ranking in the examination.
- The initial step is that you must familiarise yourself with the SSC MTS Syllabus for 2022. It will provide an overview of what must be studied for this examination.
- Before you start preparing for SSC MTS, make a good study plan for each month and stick to it.
- Make sure to spend the same amount of time on each section, and pay extra attention to the ones you’re not as good at.
- Along with studying, make sure you take the SSC MTS practice test and the question paper from the year before. It will help you review all the subjects and finish the MTS Syllabus faster.
It is best to start preparing for your exam soon by reviewing the syllabus of SSC MTS 2022, as it will be more difficult to prepare over time. With preparation and practice, you can do well on your exam.