Lakhs of medical aspirants take part in the annual NEET exam (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) with the desire to get admission into various medical courses. NEET is a transparent and standard exam conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). This year, it is scheduled to happen on July 17. The exam is not just for MBBS seats but also for AYUSH and dental courses. NEET has eliminated the previous other medical entrance tests and is now the sole decider of medical seats in India. Here, let us discuss some must-know things about the NEET application process.
How to Register for the Exam?
The registration process is done online on the official website of NTA. First, fill in some basic information to generate login credentials. After logging in and accessing the application form, fill in the personal and educational details. Then upload the required documents and proceed to the final fee payment. The NEET admit card will be released on the official website based on the information provided during the registration process. The admit card is released a few days before the exam and should be downloaded online. It won’t be sent through post or by any other means. Also, all the information provided during the registration plays a vital role in the counselling process. The result and counselling dates will be soon announced on the official NEET website.
Dos and Don’ts
Often candidates make some errors during registration. Any mistake while filling out the application form will cost a year for the candidate. Thus, the examination body also opened a correction window portal for this purpose. The following are some precautions to be taken for an error-free application –
- The first step is to check the eligibility criteria and keep the necessary documents ready. The scanned documents should be in a particular format and file size.
- Before filling out the application form, make sure you have a stable internet connection. Then, after filling in the details, double-check the preview before submission.
- Make sure that the photograph and signature are clear in the preview.
- Check the mobile number, email, address and nationality as corrections are not entertained in those fields.
- Finally, go for the fee payment and download the confirmation page for future queries. Also, note that the confirmation page, admit card and NEET score card won’t be available on the website after 30 September 2022.
Latest Highlights on NEET (UG)
If you are a NEET aspirant, then it is a must to know the important dates concerned with the exam. As mentioned before, the NEET 2022 is scheduled to happen on the 17th of July. It is a 200-minute exam that has been programmed from 2 pm to 5.20 pm. The other notable highlights are as follows –
- The registration process for the exam was from 6 April to 20 May. The application correction window portal was opened from 24 to 27 May.
- This year, the upper age restriction to attempt NEET has been removed. Also, the duration of the exam has been increased from 180 minutes to 200 minutes this year.
- The exam fee has also increased when compared to the previous year. The fee has been increased by INR 100, and for candidates outside India, it has been increased by INR 1000.
- The exam is about to happen in 14 cities outside India and 543 cities inside the country. Also, it will be conducted in 13 different languages.
- The dates for admit card and results will be soon announced on the official website of NTA.
As the exam is nearing, aspirants should make the best use of their time for preparations. Though there are no restrictions on the number of attempts, it is just a once-in-a-year exam. Thus do not miss when opportunity knocks once.