Truly wireless earbuds are the next step up from Bluetooth. The earbuds have no wires and usually charge in a case you can carry easily in your pocket. They’re great for listening to music or podcasts on the go, but you might have questions about how to use them properly. Here’s what you need to know about using truly wireless earbuds:
Setting them up
First, pair your earbuds with each other. Turn them on and then put them in your ears. This will trigger the connection process. Put the case with your earbuds into its charger and turn it on; this will also start pairing mode for your charging case.
When you hear a beep, place both of your earbuds back inside the case. Once they are in there, they should automatically connect! If they do not connect automatically after two minutes or so of trying, remove one of the buds from its slot within the charging case. And then place it back down again until you hear another tone indicating successful pairing has been completed.
Charging case storage
The charging case is the key to your earbuds’ battery life, so it’s important to store it properly.
- Store your charging case in a safe place. Ensure you’re storing the charging case away from high humidity, extreme temperatures (especially heat), and direct sunlight.
- Don’t store the charging case with other objects that could damage it, such as keys or sharp objects.
- Don’t submerge your charging case in water; it might short-circuit!
- Adjust the fit: The best way to keep your earbuds in place is to adjust them properly. You can do this by placing a finger on each earpiece and gently pulling outward until you feel a light tug. Once you’ve found the perfect length, you’ll want to ensure that the wire is not resting on any part of your face or neck. If it is, adjust the size, so there’s more slack between the earbuds and their position over your ears.
Pair to your phone or other devices
- Turn on the earbuds and open their charging case, so they’re both visible from your device.
- Press and hold the button on the left earbud until its LED flashes red and blue, then wait for about five seconds until it turns off again. This signals that they’ve been successfully paired! If this doesn’t work, try pressing the button on each earbud individually until both show a blue light; some devices are selective about which one is connected first.
- Depending on your preference, you will plug the right earbud into your right or left ear.
- You can use the controls on either side of the top of each earbud to control volume, playback, and pairing mode.
- During pairing mode, your wireless earbuds will blink green and red if everything works correctly!
How to reset
If your earbuds aren’t working correctly, try these steps:
- Turn off and then turn on your device.
- Press and hold the power button to see if they work after the second time you press it. If they don’t, go to the next step in this guide for more troubleshooting tips.
- Try another device (like a laptop or tablet). Suppose you can hear sound from that device but not your wireless earbuds. In that case, there may be an issue with their connection to each other or with one of them specifically (for example, if only one earbud plays sound when connected wirelessly).
In this post, we have told you how you can use wireless earbuds. We have provided detailed instructions so you can easily use your earbuds.