If you’re looking for a more sustainable and environmentally friendly option when it comes to nail polish, you should consider plant-based nail polish. This type of nail polish is made from natural ingredients, such as vegetable oils, resins, and minerals.
Not only is plant-based nail polish more environmentally friendly, but it also tends to be healthier for your nails. Let’s explore the niche in more detail today!
What is Plant-Based Nail Polish?
As we alluded to in the introduction, plant-based nail polish is made from natural ingredients and does not contain any animal products or by-products. This means that it does not contain chemicals like formaldehyde, phthalates, and toluene
which are found in traditional nail polishes. Plant-based nail polishes are also vegan, cruelty-free, non-toxic, and free of synthetic fragrances.
Why are chemicals in traditional nail polish bad for your health and the environment? Sadly, these chemicals can be absorbed into the skin, leading to toxicity and irritation. They are also carcinogenic and may cause respiratory irritation if inhaled.
Plus, traditional nail polishes are made with petroleum-based ingredients, which means they can take anywhere from 100 to 1,000 years to decompose and release harsh chemicals into the environment.
Fortunately, plant-based nail polishes are made from ingredients that are derived from plants and fruits, meaning they are non-toxic and much kinder to your health and the environment. Not only that, but plant-based nail polishes are also free of formaldehyde, toluene, and phthalates, making them much safer for your health.
Common Ingredients in Plant-Based Nail Polish
What sort of ingredients are in plant-based polishes? Common plant-based nail polish ingredients include:
- Soybean Oil and Sunflower Seed Oil: These natural oils provide your nail polish with an ultra-hydrating formula that will help to improve the condition of your nails.
- Vitamins A and E: These vitamins help to nourish your nails, providing vital nutrients that are essential for healthy nail growth.
- Cottonseed Oil: This time, we have an oil that helps to protect your nails from damage, providing a barrier that will keep them healthy and strong.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is rich in fatty acids and helps to lock in moisture, keeping your nails hydrated throughout the day.
- Jojoba Oil: This oil is packed with antioxidants, which protect your nails by reducing inflammation and promoting healthy cell renewal.
- Plant Waxes: Plant waxes create a protective layer on your nails, locking in moisture and protecting them from environmental pollutants.
Benefits of Plant-Based Nail Polish
Thanks to Sambora Beach Toes and other products, plant-based nail polish is taking the beauty industry by storm. This type of polish has a variety of benefits, which include:
- Non-Toxic: Plant-based nail polish is composed of natural ingredients, such as plant waxes and essential oils. This makes them free of toxins and harsh chemicals that can be found in traditional nail polishes.
- Breathable: Plant-based nail polishes allow air and water to pass through, which can help protect against infection and reduce damage.
- Eco-Friendly: Plant-based nail polish is made using renewable resources and requires less energy to create. Therefore, this helps reduce the environmental impact of traditional nail polishes.
- Cruelty-Free: Most plant-based nail polishes are cruelty-free, meaning they have not been tested on animals. This is important for those seeking vegan and animal-friendly beauty products.
- Durable: Don’t think that quality has to be sacrificed for the sake of being eco-friendly. Plant-based nail polishes are just as hard-wearing and long-lasting as traditional nail polishes.